TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
TAMACC consists of these membership categories: Organization, Corporate Partner, Contributing, Business, Individual and Young Professionals.
- ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIP: Any chamber of commerce or business organization applying for membership shall have most of its members of Hispanic origin and/or be comprised of Hispanic-oriented businesses.
- CORPORATE PARTNER MEMBERSHIP: Any corporation, association, or other business, wishing to contribute to the development of TAMACC, shall be eligible for corporate partner membership. Corporate Partners shall have all the privileges of membership on the Board of Directors, except the right to vote. At the Annual Meeting, the Corporate Partners Advisory Council shall select three (3) representatives to serve a three (3) year term as Vice Chair of the Corporate Partners as outlined in the Corporate Partnership Program.
- BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP: Any business that wishes to contribute to TAMACC. These businesses will regularly provide TAMACC updates and information regarding opportunities.
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP: Any individual may join TAMACC directly if there is not a Member Chamber or Business Organization in their city.
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS: Membership criteria would include that a person shall be at least eighteen (18) and no more than thirty (30) years of age.
MEMBERSHIP PACKET – SUBMITTED ANNUALLY WITH DUES
Chambers of Commerce or Business organizations requesting TAMACC membership must submit the following to the TAMACC offices:
- Annual membership dues which are due January 1 or prorated for new members;
- Current membership roster, with complete contact information, in Excel or Word document provided electronically;
- Current Board of Directors roster, with complete contact information, in Excel or Word document provided electronically;
- Correct address, telephone, fax numbers and e-mail address of Member’s office;
- Update membership listing regularly to TAMACC;
- Designate Organization Member’s two (2) Delegates and two (2) Alternates to the TAMACC Board of Directors, one (1) year term – two of which are business owners;
- Agree to attend TAMACC Strategic Planning Meeting, Leadership Conference, Management Conference, Legislative Action Day and Reception, and TAMACC Annual Convention;
- Agree to attend Quarterly Board of Directors’ Meetings;
- Complete TAMACC annual survey or other surveys upon request;
- Agree to have a web site with a link to the TAMACC website;
- Publish a newsletter, to communicate with their membership about TAMACC activities and opportunities;
- Conduct regular Board meetings.
Individuals, Businesses, Students and Young Professionals are required to submit a membership packet and dues annually.
MEMBERSHIP DUES – ANNUALLY
CHAMBERS AND/OR ORGANIZATIONS
1 – 699 Members $200.00
700+ Members $500.00
Young Professionals $120.00
A Member Chamber and/or Organization shall be entitled to ten (10) delegate votes provided they appear on the List, present, and fully registered as a Member Chamber delegate at the Annual Meeting.
Member Individuals and Young Professionals shall be entitled to ten (10) delegate votes provided they appear on the List, present, and fully registered as a Member Chamber delegate at the Annual Meeting.
QUARTERLY OR SPECIAL CALL MEETINGS
A Member Chamber and/or Organization, Young Professionals and Individuals shall be entitled to one (1) vote. The Delegate and/or Alternate whose name has been provided by the Member(s) to the TAMACC office shall have the authority to vote as a duly recognized member of the Board of Directors. The votes cast are as a TAMACC Board of Director and in the best interest of the organization. This does not necessarily reflect the stand of the Member.